THE DIVISION OF DUTIES FOR THE HOME AND AWAY TEAMS IS DIFFERENT AT TEPPER THAN AT ANY OTHER FIELD.
· raking the field
· chalking in the lines
2. Announcer’s Booth
The switch to turn on the scoreboard is located inside the Snack Shack on the wall to the left of the refrigerator. You will need to pull the metal shelf out a little so you can reach in.
You should ask for 2 parent volunteers to man the announcer’s booth, 1 to announce and the other to operate the scoreboard.
PLEASE MAKE SURE TO LOCK UP AND TURN THE SCOREBOARD OFF IF YOU ARE THE LAST GAME OF THE DAY.
1. Runs the Snack Shack from the start of the game until the start of the next game. That means your volunteers will be staying at least 30 minutes past the end of the game to “feed” all the hungry ballplayers.
For example, the weekend shifts would be:
· 9:00am to 11:30am
· 11:30 am to 2:00pm
· 2:00pm to 4:30pm
· 4:30 pm to 7:00pm
Remember that teams from both TI #2 and TI #3 will also be coming over after their games, too.
You will need at least 2 volunteers, 1 for inside and 1 person to grill. More detailed information follows and can also be found inside the Snack Shack for reference.
SNACK SHACK OPENING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Line the garbage cans (trash liners are located on the bottom shelf to the right of the main counter) and put the large garbage cans out (one in front of the Snack Shack, one near the stairs leading to the announcer’s booth, and the two smaller ones by each bleacher). The wastepaper basket should be lined for use inside the Snack Shack.
2. Hang menu board outside to the left of window.
3. Move grill out front, set up the folding table and prepare food items:
- Condiments are all in the refrigerator and should be placed on the folding table.
- Onions - needs to be chopped/sliced and put into the 3 compartment condiment container
- Tomatoes - washed and sliced into condiment container
- Lettuce - washed, dried, separated and into condiment container
- Hot Dogs are in the refrigerator
- Hamburgers are in the freezer. They can be cooked from frozen.
- Red Checked Hot Dog/Hamburger trays and napkins are to the right of the Snack Shack window.
When an order is placed, you can give the customer a hot dog/hamburger tray marked “H” for a hamburger order, “CB” for a cheeseburger along with a slice of cheese. The customer, or, if you have any kids working in the Shack with you, can run this over to the grill person. Usually, the grill will have some hot dogs and hamburgers already cooking on the grill. If that is the case, just the cheese in the tray will work for the cheeseburger orders.
If someone orders a vegetarian burger, get a patty from the freezer, place in a tray (with or without cheese) and give to the grill person to cook.
4. Open wood windows - front and side of shack.
5. All candy and sunflower seeds are located under the counter.
6. Popcorn is located on the shelf next to the microwave.
7. Restock items as needed from supply shed.
8. Extra propane tanks are stored in the supply shed. The key is hanging to the right of the Snack Shack door. The coaches also have a key to the shed.
SNACK SHACK CLOSING INSTRUCTIONS
1. NEW CLOSING PROCEDURE FOR THE FINAL GAME OF THE DAY!
LAST CALL FOR GRILL ITEMS IS 20 MINUTES BEFORE THE END OF THE GAME.
THERE IS A SIGN POSTED IN THE WINDOW OF THE SNACK SHACK WITH LAST CALL.
DON'T BE SHY TO SAY THE SNACK SHACK IS CLOSED AND POINT TO THE SIGN.
- shut off the propane valves
- clean grill and utensils
- bring the grill back inside the Snack Shack
- put all the condiments back into the refrigerator
3. Close windows.
4. FROZEN HAMBURGERS CAN GO BACK INTO THE FREEZER. IF THAWED, THEY SHOULD BE THROWN AWAY FOR SAFETY REASONS. Open packages of hot dogs should be placed in a Ziploc Storage Bag and placed in the refrigerator.
5. Empty the garbage cans into the large dumpster otherwise the “ants will come marching”.
6. Settle cash box if you are the last game of the day (instructions are on the inside cover). Leave the cash box in the Supply Shed and slip the deposit envelope into the safe through the slot on the front.
There is instant hot water in the sink area for hot chocolate and tea. This water is VERY HOT - keep kids away.
Napkins, plastic spoons and forks are located in the plastic bin to the right of the counter (under the microwave).
Paper towels and toilet paper are located on the upper shelf to the right of the refrigerator.
COFFEE - Single serving size
- Turn machine on.
- Make sure there is water in the reservoir located on the left hand side of the machine
- Lift the metal handle in the middle and place a coffee pod in. Close the “lid”.
- Press the middle “cup” button.
TEA AND HOT CHOCOLATE
Located above the coffee maker. Use Instant Hot water in the sink area.
- Press “Stop/Clear”
- Press “Popcorn” setting
GENERAL INFORMATION - 2
LEAGUE UMPIRES - During the Spring Season,
Umpires get one complimentary grilled item (hot dog, hamburger/cheeseburger or BOCA or Garden Burger), a bag of chips, and one drink. They may have as much bottled water as they need. They do not have to sign anything.
Most of the back stock is located on the shelves in the Snack Shack.
Extra propane tanks are stored in the White Shed. The key is to the right of the Snack Shack front door.
Contact: Kiersten Dunbar